I’ve reached the point in my life where I’ve gone to so many weddings that it’s becoming more
difficult to figure out what to wear each time. I used to spend lots of money on getting
a new dress for each wedding I went to but realized later that it wasn’t very economical.
The older you get, the more weddings you go to, and the more important it is to budget for
your outfit because weddings certainly aren’t cheap to attend. Here are a few tips on how to
look fabulous as a wedding guest without burning a hole in your wallet!
Rotate your dresses: Who says you can only wear a dress once?
If I’m going to spend money on a nice dress, I sure hope I will have another occasion
to wear the dress. Don’t be ashamed of wearing the same dress to multiple weddings.
A great way to change up your look is to have a different hairstyle the next time you wear
the same dress, carry a different handbag, or pair your dress with different accessories.
I love adding elegant or bold statement pieces to a dress because then you bring more
attention to your new piece of jewelry rather than the dress you’ve already worn.
The large grey pearls and delicate clover pendants of Troian necklace adds the perfect elegant accent to any outfit.
Rent the Runway: Want to look like a million bucks without having to commit to a
pricy designer dress? Rent the Runway is where you can rent designer luxury dresses for
a fraction of the retail cost. Plus, if you’re the type who only likes to wear a dress once, this is a great option.
Badgley Mischka for $70? Count me in!
Ann Taylor and J.Crew wedding collections: Retail stores like Ann Taylor and J.Crew now carry
wedding collections which also have affordable dresses that can be worn to any wedding, whether
you’re a bridesmaid or wedding guest. I recently attended a wedding wearing a dress I purchased from the
Ann Taylor wedding collection and received lots of compliments on it.
People were under the impression I had spent a lot on a designer dress only to learn that it was from Ann Taylor.
I must say I was proud of myself =)
Me (next to my handsome boyfriend) dressed in an Ann Taylor Satin Jersey Halter Gown.Borrow from a friend. Chances are, your friends also probably have a closet of dresses they’ve worn
to wedding themselves. You should figure out which one of your friends are the closest in
size to you and ask them if you can borrow a dress. That’s what friends are for right?
Our last mother's day gift guide comes from the
gorgeous Kristen of Little Blonde Boulevard
Joy & Cassatt, mom-daughter duo wearing DearMissJ "Love You" Necklace
Mother's day is our favorite holiday. DearMissJ started as a mom-duo boutique business a long
time ago before we built this website. We asked our friends to share their own mom-daughter story.
Joy, VP at Merrill Lynch is a super mom, she loves her kids, works and workout.
Her beautiful daughter Cassatt tells us why her mom is her HERO.
1. Describe your mom in 3 words?
Joyful, fun, happy
2. What your favorite food that your mom makes?
Breakfast sandwich with egg, cheese, & sausage on a croissant
3. What did you give your mom for Mothers Day last year?
A book called She. I found it at a garage sale right next door and it explains my Mom's life perfectly.
It is about life's ups and downs as well as when it is somewhere in the middle.
She cried and now, it is her favorite book.
4. Tell us your favorite adventure that you have had with your mom?
Everyday is an adventure with my Mom, but my favorite time was when my Mom
and I went to the Mary Cassatt Tea Garden at the Rittenhouse hotel in Philadelphia last summer.
I wore a fur shawl and a fancy dress as well as sunglasses and everyone thought I was a movie star.
My Mom helped me find delicious treats to try and knew which ones I would love.
It was so fun, but unfortunately, they took down all the Mary Cassatt paintings,
so we just had a nice time at afternoon tea.
5. What your favorite thing in your mom’s closet?
All of her high heels!
6. Why is your mom your hero?
My Mom is my hero, because she knows what to do when
I am sad and when I need help and she helps me, always.
Hi, Amy Ann here from Straight A Style.
I am so excited to be guest posting today to discuss Mother's Day.
Our moms play such an important role in our lives. My own mother is truly one of the best people I know.
Sometimes thinking of a gift to measure up to the person can be hard.
I've found four that I think fit the bill and cover a variety of personality types.
1. Kate Necklace - Pearls are timeless and elegant. Any mom would feel the
love when gifted with the beautiful Kate necklace from DearMissJ.
2. GlossyBox - I've tried this subscription out before, and it is so much fun.
What a treat to have beauty products delivered to your door once a month.
It's the perfect way to pamper your mom!
You can send one month for $25 or buy a 6 month plan for $130.
3. Accordion Mini Photo Book - This foldable purse size photo book is the a great gift for
any adoring grandmother. Add all the photos you want and customize the
colors from one of the many design options.
4. Cooking/Knitting/Baking/Exercise Class - For the mom who loves quality time,
buy her a class you all can do together in an activity she loves.
You'll cherish the memories and have fun while you're at it.
Summer has officially arrived, and that means one thing: the hottest wedding season is in the air!After all the dress shopping, cake tasting, venue visiting, and ceremony rehearsing,take a step back from the craziness and thank your bridesmaids for going on this incredible journey with you.Show them your appreciation with these spectacular gift ideas.
1. A lovely pearl necklace. Who says diamonds are a girl’s only best friend?Surprise your bridesmaid with the Love Me necklace by DearMissJ.This necklace will soon become a staple in her wardrobe as well as a keepsake of all your wonderful memories together.
2. A relaxing day at the spa. After all of the wedding excitement is over,treat your bridesmaids to a relaxing day at the spa where they can rewind and reflect on the precious moments that they were a significant part of. A massage and a mani pedi are a girl's ultimate reward.
3. A set of classy and stackable pearl bracelets. Did we mention that we love pearls? Especially this stackable cultured grey pearl and clover cubic pendant Judy bracelet by DearMissJ.
Your bridesmaids will love its versatility.
They can wear it on your big day and for many years to come.
4. Anything monogrammed. Personalize your gift with her very own initials. You can put a monogram on basically anything-- from a planner to a mug to a tote.We love monogrammed totes and monogrammed planners in particular because they are so versatile and functional!
5. A sexy set of panties. A girl can never have enough panties. Never.