I’ve reached the point in my life where I’ve gone to so many weddings that it’s becoming more
difficult to figure out what to wear each time. I used to spend lots of money on getting
a new dress for each wedding I went to but realized later that it wasn’t very economical.
The older you get, the more weddings you go to, and the more important it is to budget for
your outfit because weddings certainly aren’t cheap to attend. Here are a few tips on how to
look fabulous as a wedding guest without burning a hole in your wallet!
Rotate your dresses: Who says you can only wear a dress once?
If I’m going to spend money on a nice dress, I sure hope I will have another occasion
to wear the dress. Don’t be ashamed of wearing the same dress to multiple weddings.
A great way to change up your look is to have a different hairstyle the next time you wear
the same dress, carry a different handbag, or pair your dress with different accessories.
I love adding elegant or bold statement pieces to a dress because then you bring more
attention to your new piece of jewelry rather than the dress you’ve already worn.
The large grey pearls and delicate clover pendants of Troian necklace adds the perfect elegant accent to any outfit.
Rent the Runway: Want to look like a million bucks without having to commit to a
pricy designer dress? Rent the Runway is where you can rent designer luxury dresses for
a fraction of the retail cost. Plus, if you’re the type who only likes to wear a dress once, this is a great option.
Badgley Mischka for $70? Count me in!
Ann Taylor and J.Crew wedding collections: Retail stores like Ann Taylor and J.Crew now carry
wedding collections which also have affordable dresses that can be worn to any wedding, whether
you’re a bridesmaid or wedding guest. I recently attended a wedding wearing a dress I purchased from the
Ann Taylor wedding collection and received lots of compliments on it.
People were under the impression I had spent a lot on a designer dress only to learn that it was from Ann Taylor.
I must say I was proud of myself =)
Me (next to my handsome boyfriend) dressed in an Ann Taylor Satin Jersey Halter Gown.Borrow from a friend. Chances are, your friends also probably have a closet of dresses they’ve worn
to wedding themselves. You should figure out which one of your friends are the closest in
size to you and ask them if you can borrow a dress. That’s what friends are for right?
Congratulations on receiving one of the most important jewelry pieces you will own in your life...your engagement ring. Now it’s time to hit the ground running. It’s easy to get too caught up in the minuscule details of wedding planning and forget about the most important person…YOU!
Maybe you were the hopeless romantic that always dreamed of having a fairytale wedding, or maybe you were the bitter young adult that dreaded every Valentines Day. Regardless of the person you once were, every bride deserves to look stunning on her big day. Let DearMissJ help you decide which bridal look you’ll effortlessly rock on your wedding day!
The up-to-date fairytale princess, but without the yards and yards of tulle.
The sweet look that every young girl remembers.
The perfect look to accentuate every curve.
Featuring the Angela necklace.
The perfect combination of timeless tradition and chic modern.
Now go live your Happily Ever After!
Summer has officially arrived, and that means one thing: the hottest wedding season is in the air!After all the dress shopping, cake tasting, venue visiting, and ceremony rehearsing,take a step back from the craziness and thank your bridesmaids for going on this incredible journey with you.Show them your appreciation with these spectacular gift ideas.
1. A lovely pearl necklace. Who says diamonds are a girl’s only best friend?Surprise your bridesmaid with the Love Me necklace by DearMissJ.This necklace will soon become a staple in her wardrobe as well as a keepsake of all your wonderful memories together.
2. A relaxing day at the spa. After all of the wedding excitement is over,treat your bridesmaids to a relaxing day at the spa where they can rewind and reflect on the precious moments that they were a significant part of. A massage and a mani pedi are a girl's ultimate reward.
3. A set of classy and stackable pearl bracelets. Did we mention that we love pearls? Especially this stackable cultured grey pearl and clover cubic pendant Judy bracelet by DearMissJ.
Your bridesmaids will love its versatility.
They can wear it on your big day and for many years to come.
4. Anything monogrammed. Personalize your gift with her very own initials. You can put a monogram on basically anything-- from a planner to a mug to a tote.We love monogrammed totes and monogrammed planners in particular because they are so versatile and functional!
5. A sexy set of panties. A girl can never have enough panties. Never.